Crossville Communications - Linking Voices, Data, and People.....
Telephone Services - Calling Features
Distinctive Ringing / Call Waiting
You’ll know when someone special is calling.
How much? $1.50 per month. $1.00 per month with two or more features.
How it works: When you make a list of special callers, your phone uses a special ring to announce calls from any of those numbers. If you also have Call Waiting, you’ll hear a special Call Waiting tone.
How to use:
1. Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
2. Press *61. (On a rotary phone, dial 1161.)
3. Listen for an announcement telling you whether the feature is currently on or off. The recorded voice will then tell you how many (if any) numbers are currently stored in you list.
4. Follow the voice instructions and dial 3 to turn the feature ON (if it is currently off), or turn the feature OFF (if it is currently on).
To add the last caller to your list:
1. Press #01#. (On a rotary phone, dial 1201.)
To hear the phone numbers on your list:
1. Dial 1.
2. After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
To add a number to your list:
1. Press #. (On a rotary phone, dial 12.)
2. Follow the voice instructions you’ll hear. You can store up to 31 phone numbers on your VIP list.
To remove a number from your list:
1. Press *. (On a rotary phone, dial 11.)
2. Follow the voice instructions to remove any or all of those numbers.
To hear instructions again:
3. Dial 0.
+ You may press 1, 0, #, or * at any time rather than waiting for the voice instructions.
+ The list you create here is separate from any other lists you may be using for Selective Call Acceptance, Selective Call Forwarding, and similar services.
Please click here to order Distinctive Ringing / Call Waiting - Be sure to include the words Distinctive Ringing / Call Waiting in your email.