Crossville Communications - Linking Voices, Data, and People.....
Telephone Services - Calling Features
Call Waiting - You’ll know when another caller is trying to reach you.
How it works:
You can use your telephone without missing other calls. A special tone alerts you to a waiting call; the person calling you hears normal ringing.
To answer a waiting call:
1. When you’re on the phone, a special tone tells you a second call is waiting.
2. Simply press and quickly release the “switchhook” on your telephone. Your first caller is automatically placed on hold, while you’re connected with the second caller.
If you choose not to answer the incoming call:
1. You’ll hear a special tone to remind you of the waiting call.
To alternate between callers:
1. Simply press and quickly release the “switchhook.” While you talk with one caller, the other will automatically be placed on hold. Each conversation remains private.
To end either call:
1. Hang up.
2. Your phone will ring.
3. When you answer, you’ll be connected with the remaining caller.
To “turn off” Call Waiting before making a call:
1. Lift the handset and listen for the dial tone.
2. Press *70. (On a rotary phone, dial 1170.)
3. Listen for the confirmation tone.
4. Dial the telephone number you wish to call. Now, your call will not be interrupted by the Call Waiting tone. Other callers will hear a busy signal.
5. After you hang up, Call Waiting automatically “turns on” again.
To “turn off” Call Waiting during a call:
1. Press and release the “switchhook.”
2. Press *70. (On a rotary phone dial 1170.)
3. Listen for the confirmation tone. You’ll automatically be reconnected to your call.
4. After you hang up, Call Waiting automatically “turns on” again.
+ You must have Three-Way Calling to “turn off” Call Waiting during a call.
+ The “switchhook” is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some telephones have a Link or Flash key you can press instead.
Please click here to order Call Waiting - Be sure to include the words Call Waiting in your email.