Crossville Communications - Linking Voices, Data, and People.....
TO REPORT TELEPHONE TROUBLE,
CALL CROSSVILLE COMMUNICATIONS AT
Stan Rawlinson or Kyle Wood are available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to ensure reliable telephone service. After business hours, the telephone number above will be answered automatically. Leave a message regarding your outage, and Stan or Kyle will be in contact. If you have a telephone emergency, you may contact our technicians directly:
Stan Rawlinson 618.966.2200
Kyle Wood 618.383.6551
TO AVOID A MINIMUM SERVICE
CALL FEE OF $45
BEFORE CALLING REPAIR SERVICE, PLEASE...
1. Check Your Phone
Try to locate your problem before calling Crossville Communications. Unplug all phones, computers, fax, and answering machines (any equipment that connects to a phone jack), and plug in a phone that has a working dial tone. If the problem disappears, the problem may be in the other equipment. If you lease your phone from us and there is a problem with the phone, we will replace the problem phone according to your lease agreement.
2. Check Jacks and Inside Wiring
Plug your phone into the test box (see Test Box diagram). If your phone works there but not inside the building, the trouble may be in the inside wiring between our outside phone line and your phone. If you do not have a test box, you may take the phone to a neighbor’s and plug into a jack. If the phone does not work in either place, the problem may be in your phone.
Test Box Instructions
The test box, located either inside or outside the building, is where the outside line is connected. “Telephone Network Interface” will be printed on the cover.
1. To open the cover, insert a screwdriver or coin into the slot and pry open
2. Locate test jack.
3. Pull to remove boot from test jack.
4. Press retainer clip and gently remove plug by pulling forward on plug.
5. Plug a working phone into jack.
Listen for dial tone.
Make a local telephone call.
If call is completed, the telephone line is good and the problem is in your non-working phone or house wiring.
6. Remove telephone from jack.
Common Inside Wiring and Phone Problems
Wiring deteriorated due to age
Phone is broken
Phone left off the hook or unplugged
Wiring cut during remodeling
Wiring is wet
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR REPAIRS?
Crossville Communication’s Responsibility*
* If you do not have a maintenance plan with Crossville Communications and the problem is in your phone or inside wiring, and we make a service call, there will be a minimum fee of $45. If you request that we repair your inside wiring, an additional charge may be applied depending upon the repair time and materials involved. Outside lines are repaired at no charge.
Inside Wiring Cable
Drop Wire Mounting Cord