Crossville Communications - Linking Voices, Data, and People.....
Telephone Services - Calling Features
Distinctive Ringing - Know who the call is for as soon as the phone rings!
How much? $4.00 per month. $3.50 per month with two or more features.
How it works: Two, three, or four different phone numbers can be assigned to your home telephone line. Use one number for the adults, a separate number for a home business, and another for the children. You can answer the phone differently for different callers.
1. When someone dials your main telephone number, you’ll hear normal ringing (one long ring).
2. When someone dials any of the other telephone numbers, you’ll hear a special ring that identifies that number (such as two short rings).
3. Wait until the full ring pattern is complete before answering. You’ll know whether the call is for you, and how you should greet the caller.
If you also have Call Waiting:
1. If someone dials your main number while you’re on the phone, you’ll hear a normal Call Waiting tone.
2. If someone dials one of the other numbers, you’ll hear a special Call Waiting tone that identifies that particular number (such as two short tones).
+ Crossville Communications determines how many different numbers can be assigned to your line.
+ Only one conversation can be held at a time. Although you have more than one telephone number, you still have just one line.
Please click here to order Distinctive Ringing - Be sure to include the words Distinctive Ringing in your email.