Crossville Communications - Linking Voices, Data, and People.....
Telephone Services - Calling Features
Customer Originated Trace
Identify harassing callers through the phone company.
How much? $10.00 per each completed trace.
How it works:
When you receive a harassing call, you can dial a simple code to trace the source of that call for the telephone company.
How to use:
1. When you get a nuisance call, press and quickly release the “switchhook.” Listen for a special dial tone.
2. If you’ve already hung up, just lift the handset again and listen for a normal dial tone.
3. Press *57. (On a rotary phone, dial 1157.)
4. Listen for a confirmation announcement that the last call has been traced.
5. Hang up.
6. The number you traced will be recorded at Crossville Communications. If you decide to follow up on the matter, we’ll provide that number to the local authorities.
+ The “switchhook” is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some telephones have a Link or Flash key you can press instead.
+ Customer Originated Trace must be used immediately after you hang up on the call you want traced. If you get another call, or hear a Call Waiting tone first, you will trace the wrong call.
+ In some areas, after you dial *57, you’ll hear an announcement that the call can be traced. Just follow the voice instructions to dial an additional code, and the call will be traced.
Please click here to order Customer Originated Trace - Be sure to include the words Customer Originated Trace in your email.